Pages

Thursday, October 9, 2014

Being present

Lately I've been seeing some articles and videos on social media about how people need to get off of their phones and devote their attention to the people around them. While it's ironic that the videos are telling people to get off their phones and people are posting them from their phones, I do see a lot of truth to these videos and articles. I'll be the first to admit that smartphones are addicting and so is social media. I'm going to make it my goal to stay off of my phone while my sweet babies are awake because I don't want to miss one smile, laugh, or moment with them because I'm too busy looking down at someone's Facebook status that I am barely friends with. I don't want to send the message to my kids that I am only half listening to them or half interested in what they are doing. I want to be fully present and fully in the moment with them. I don't want to take the blessings that God has given me for granted. I've even contemplated getting rid of my smartphone or Facebook simply because I feel like they take up too much of my time. I don't want to waste anymore precious time. After all, nothing on social media comes close to this cuteness. Real life is so much sweeter with these two.

No comments: