Pages

Monday, July 21, 2014

Life with two!

We are adjusting to life at home with two kids. Emerie has done pretty well with Miles, she only gets jealous occasionally, when hubs and I are both changing his diaper or when I'm nursing. A lot of times she will crawl up beside me or try to help hold him while he nurses. I don't mind even though it makes things a little cramped. I want her to feel included. She loves him a lot.... kisses his head a million times a day. We had newborn photos taken... it was kind of a spur of the moment decision so I have no idea how they will turn out. Emerie refused to smile for a single picture, naturally. :) Miles is sleeping pretty well, he gets up about every three hours to nurse and goes right back to sleep after his belly is full.
He has a great latch and has had no trouble nursing. My milk came in quickly and he gained a pound and a half a pound in 10 days. He has already exceeded his birth weight by more than a pound and the doctor was really impressed. She said it rarely happens that a breastfed baby gains that much weight in such a short amount of time. She also said we don't need to wake him for feedings anymore so we are excited that we can sleep and let him sleep. He throws up at least once a day due to my oversupply (a good problem to have I'm told) so I'm hoping things calm down as time goes on. It sometimes makes him uncomfortable after he nurses so I'm hoping that within another week or so (with some block nursing) that the puking will subside!
He's generally a happy baby... he hates diaper changes and they were a challenge for us initially. He's peed all over everything! We are getting the hang of it though. :) We've been venturing out of the house some... mostly to the park or to the store and to see family. I've been using my Beco Gemini baby carrier at the park and Miles seems to love it.
I'm feeling pretty good most of the time. I've got 10 pounds to lose and I'm anxious to start working out. I'm sure I could start walking some now, since I had a natural birth and no major complications. The house is a mess the majority of the time... the amount of clothes that we wash on a daily basis is insane (mostly because he spits up and pukes on everything!).
Summer is going by way too fast. I go back to work in 4 weeks. I decided not to take an extra week now because my family booked a beach house in the Outer Banks for a week in May. I didn't think I would be able to take a week off from work during the school year but my bosses said that it was fine, so I'm saving my personal days for that trip. It will be much needed by then. Emerie will be 3 and Miles will be 10 months so it will be a fun trip for them (plus grandparents = built in babysitters!). :) 
I am hoping to post his birth story this week and get back to my regular blogging routine! Things definitely aren't easy with two but we are getting better at it each day. I won't sugar coat it and say it's been a breeze... we've had challenges... but I'll save that for another post. The challenges don't compare to the love we feel for our sweet babies!
Happy Monday!

No comments: