Pages

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Yard Sale Finds :)

We had been looking to get a toy organizer for the living room and for Emerie's room. Her stuff is everywhere! We had a few toy boxes/baskets that we just kind of shoved everything in but they were overflowing and we don't really have tons of room for a bunch of toy boxes. We saw a really great organizer at Target for $62 and were contemplating getting it. I sent my mom a picture of it and was telling her about it and she ended up showing it to my dad. I was going to have hubs and dad make it because it didn't seem to be that complicated and we didn't really want to pay $60 for it. The next day my parents showed up at our house with the exact same toy organizer.... they paid $15 for it at a yard sale! They were actually on the wrong road and were trying to get back to where they were headed and found the sale by accident! Mom said she was glad she showed my dad the picture I sent the night before because he spotted it as they were driving. Totally a God thing. Needless to say, I was pretty excited. We wiped it down and loaded it up! It fits perfectly in our living room beside the fireplace. When Emerie saw it she said "Oh it's sooooo boootiful!" Yes sweet girl, yes it is. :)
They also found this cute little organizer at the same yard sale and got it for us because Emerie's room is decorated with purple accents. It's not big enough for her stuffed animals but it did free up several baskets we were using.
There is a huge local neighborhood that's having a community yard sale next weekend. I plan to go (if I haven't gone into labor by then, have I mentioned I have 2 weeks left!?). Hopefully we can find some other great deals. :)
Have you found anything great at a yard sale?

3 comments:

K. Elizabeth @ YUMMommy said...

I have to admit that I haven't been to yard sale in a long time. I'm definitely going to have to go to a few before summer is over though.

harperandwill said...

What a great find!

Cat @ MaryMarthaMama said...

Those are two really good finds! I found a vintage wooden school desk recently for $1! I'm sanding it down and redoing it, but my son already loves it.