Pages

Saturday, June 28, 2014

Plans for labor #2

We are 4 days away from our son's due date. I feel like we are possibly 4-10 days away from it haha... not much seems to have changed on my end. He still seems pretty comfortable in there. I'm okay with that. I'm not miserable or "over it" as so many people seem to feel at the end. I am feeling more ready and anxious. The first time around I didn't know what to expect with labor. Having been through it once, I have a better idea of what to expect and I'm still kind of terrified. Haha. I have been seeing the midwives this time around and so I feel like there is pressure for me to have him without an epidural. I had an epidural with Emerie and to be honest, I loved it. It was wonderful. It changed my mood throughout labor completely. I went from being miserable and uncomfortable to feeling happy and excited. Granted, it took a loooong time for her to get here after that, but it was still helpful. I didn't have any side effects and was able to walk shortly after she was born. I know that the midwives are not anti-medication, the purpose of the midwives is for a more patient centered pregnancy and birth. That was my main goal in switching from doctors (at another practice) to midwives. I wasn't thrilled with the bedside manner that I received during my first pregnancy and labor (though I am very thankful for the skillful doctor who delivered Emerie). So far I've liked all of the midwives that I've been seeing and my plan is to go in without a plan. I'm going to see how it goes and go from there. :) Either way, we are excited to welcome the newest little member of our family... hopefully within a week!

1 comment:

Cat @ MaryMarthaMama said...

So exciting! Good to hear that you're not "over it". I switched to midwives for my second baby as well... and for similar reasons. Best wishes on your labor!