Pages

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

38 Week Bumpdate

How far along: 38 Weeks, only 2 weeks to go! We are playing the waiting game now, everyday we wake up we wonder if today will be the day!
Weight Gain: About 30 pounds. I had more swelling with Emerie... I wonder why that is? My face and ankles swelled with her and I haven't had any swelling with him.
Clothes: All maternity clothes or t-shirts/mesh shorts/yoga pants
Skin: Doing okay... I'll be honest, more vericose veins on one leg, and one small stretch mark on my belly
Sleep:  Meh. It's okay, I have no problems falling asleep, I just wake up to go to the bathroom a few times a night and still have lots of dreams so I don't feel like I'm sleeping as soundly as I would like.
Gender: Sweet and handsome baby boy!
Movement:  He's still very active but he's getting big in there... I can feel his butt and his whole back on one side and his arms and legs on the other side. I wonder how big he will be! I'm guessing that he will be smaller than Emerie (she was 7.13).
Cravings: Desserts. Right now I've got a lemon lush that my grandma made and a pretzel salad that hubs' mom made in the fridge and I don't hold back eating those! I also still love fruit and lately I've been addicted to chewing on ice.
What I miss: Deli meat, hot dogs (I've been wanting one this week!), and regular coffee.
Labor signs: The midwife said she thinks he's dropped and he's in a good head down position. They don't check for dilation and effacement at the appointments (which I'm grateful for, it gets people down when they haven't made any progress). I've also been nesting and organizing the house for the past week or so. 
Best moments and looking forward to: Spending time with family, taking some time for myself to read a book and float in the pool, the Father's Day church service, and we are looking forward to meeting our little man in the next two weeks or so!
Prayer for the baby: Jesus, we praise you for such an amazing and healthy pregnancy. Your hand has been on us this entire time and we are excited to see this sweet little boy that you have perfectly created for Your purpose. We pray for a safe and healthy labor and delivery. We pray that you will help prepare our hearts and our home for him. We also pray that Emerie will have an easy adjustment to being a big sister. We thank you for blessing us with two children. In Jesus name we pray, Amen.
"Children are a heritage from the Lord, offspring a reward from him." Psalm 127:3

No comments: