Pages

Friday, May 16, 2014

Twas the night before family photos...

It's the night before family pictures and I'm nervous. Like always. Life with a toddler is very unpredictable. She isn't big on standing or sitting still for a moment, let alone posing and smiling for the camera. I'm worried about all of the typical things that moms of toddlers are concerned with, will she have a melt down? Will her back be to the camera the entire time? Will she smile at all? Will she ruin her outfit within seconds of getting start? And then I'm worried about things that have nothing to do with our free spirited child. Things like... Will my husband be squinting in all of the pictures (like he always is?!)? Will our outfits match even though Emerie and I have on different colors or prints? Will my naturally curly hair be frizzy and wavy (due to spring humidity) even after my attempts to straighten it before the photos? Every time we have pictures scheduled I feel anxious, and every time they've turned out good... great even. Here's a look back on maternity with Emerie, newborn, 6 months, and one year family photos. And here's to hoping tomorrow's photo session is just as successful! (And that all this worrying is for nothing!)
(all of the photos were taken by the same photographer with the exception of the maternity photos)

Have a great weekend! 

4 comments:

harperandwill said...

I love the title of this post!! Having pics taken always stresses me out as well. I'm sure your pics will be great! Can't wait to see them!

Cat @ MaryMarthaMama said...

Oh I ALWAYS freak out before family photos. We do not take good photos around here- lots of closed eyes! And now that there ar 4 of us, someone is bound to be looking away or have their eyes closed.

Christina said...

We don't take good photos either but the few I've seen turned out great. I hope to post them soon! :)

Christina said...

Thanks! Emerie's temp of 102 made for an interesting attempt at photos but the ones I've seen looked great! :)