Pages

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Happy Days

We had a wonderful long weekend at home. We celebrated Emerie's 2nd birthday on Friday with a Minnie Mouse balloon and donuts for breakfast (she loves donuts!). Hubs' grandparents came in town that afternoon and we took Emerie to dinner at Cracker Barrel. They sang happy birthday to her and brought her ice cream. I was able to video the whole thing. She just stared and smiled! She wasn't interested in the ice cream though. It was a fun evening and we look forward to celebrating at her pool party in another week or so. :)
 (so blurry but she wouldn't hold still for a second! I tried so hard to get a good pic of her in her birthday shirt)
Monday was a make up snow day at work but I had a personal day that I needed to use so I stayed at home with my loves and enjoyed every second of it. We usually go to my grandma's house on Memorial Day for a picnic but my mom and sisters weren't able to go this year and hubs and I decided to stay at home and get a few things done around the house. It was a beautiful day with temps in the 80's and very little humidity. We spent time outside, going for walks, playing at the water table, and swinging on the front porch. It was glorious.
 Pretty girl, ready for church!
 Yes we are still hunting Easter eggs at the end of May :)
 Miss Hollywood
When we weren't playing and relaxing we were somewhat productive. We finally cleaned out the closet in the guest room (aka baby brother's room) so that we can store the things that we get at our baby shower this weekend. We really need to start organizing his room... I'm definitely not as prepared for him in that department. The second time around is different... I know he won't be using his crib for at least 4-5 months so we don't feel too rushed. I feel more prepared in other ways though... I am not as nervous about taking care of a brand new little love, nursing, bathing, etc. I have experience in that department and the decorating and organizing will come. We are still hoping to sell the house so I don't want to do too much to his room when the hope is that we will move before the end of the fall.
Hope you are all having a fabulous week! I head to the doctor today for my 35 week check up. We are beginning weekly appointments now. Eeeek! :)
Be back on Friday to post my 5 favorite family photos from last weekend's session! :)

1 comment:

Chrissy@SimpleJoysBlog said...

Our girls are a week apart! Elin just celebrated her birthday and i took the day off as well to spend time with her.