Pages

Thursday, April 3, 2014

Life Lately

Whew. This has been a busy week around here! We've had two showings of our house this week, hubs had a grad school paper and class, and our dishwasher broke so I've been hand washing dishes for days. I can't tell you how much I hate washing dishes. A broken dishwasher. Such a first world problem. I keep reminding myself of that and how ridiculously lucky I am while I stand in front of that sink and my ankles begin to swell (thank you for that baby belly!). I was dreading yesterday afternoon because hubs has class on Wednesdays and the showing was right after work. So I was on my own to run home, straighten up some more, and get Emerie and two huge dogs into the car before the people showed up. I was a little nervous about how it would go. Em can be fussy some in the evenings when she gets tired and our chocolate lab is a stubborn free spirit who doesn't always listen when I ask him to do something. I had visions of Emerie melting down while the dog ran off down the road somewhere. Thankfully, neither of those things happened. All members of my family cooperated beautifully and I took us through the Chick-Fil-A drive through while our house was being shown. Dinner complete with no mess and very few dishes to wash! We played outside the rest of the afternoon... Emerie loves playing with balloons. :) We ended the evening with a milkshake (you can't go to Chick-Fil-A without getting one!). It was wonderful. :)
Thankfully things should be much calmer the rest of this week and hopefully I'll have a chance to write Emerie's 22 month update and my 27 week bumpdate. 27 weeks... one week left until I'm in the 3rd trimester and going to the midwives every two weeks to check on our sweet baby boy! I should probably buy him a few things soon.... like furniture for his room and some clothes so he doesn't have to wear Emerie's pink onesies!:) See ya tomorrow for 5 on Friday!

No comments: