Pages

Friday, April 4, 2014

5 on Friday!

Happy Friday! Linking up with Christina at Carolina Charm for another 5 on Friday! :)
 photo db7528c5-a5c8-4eb0-9519-22997b018248_zps7d56832d.jpg
{ONE} The weather this week has been awesome... maxi skirts, short sleeves, and lots of outside time for us!
{TWO} Emerie has started to show interest in my headbands! I can't tell you how excited this makes me. After almost two years of having a baby who hates having anything on her head.... no cute hats, headbands, or clips.... she is finally tolerating my headbands! I think I will be shopping for hair accessories this weekend!

{THREE} I have been reading the book Restless by Jennie Allen (you can see the book trailer if you click on the link) and I have loved it. It's about how God weaves the various threads of our lives together to accomplish something amazing. The threads that you thought were random and not connected to one another, serve to prepare you for God's purpose for your life. It's a really easy read with lots of good quotes (some of which are from writers whom I love like Ann Voskamp, Brennan Manning, and Bob Goff). Go read it! :)
 
{FOUR} Warm weather + a dishwasher that stopped working = lots of dinners on the grill. We've been avoiding cooking because we don't want to be doing dishes for hours each night so last night we grilled hamburgers and had very few dirty dishes at the end. I can't wait to get a new dishwasher this weekend (even though I'd rather not spend the money since we are trying to move and may not live here much longer!).
{FIVE} We don't have any big plans for this weekend and I couldn't be happier! We have been so busy this week cleaning and showing our house and (hubs) finishing his grad school class that I am ready for a relaxing weekend at home!

Have a great one!

No comments: