Pages

Saturday, April 12, 2014

28 Week Bumpdate

 
How far along: 28 weeks... Helloooo 3rd trimester!
Weight Gain: Probably close to 20 by now, I go to see the midwife on Monday and will find out for sure.
Clothes: Mix of maternity and regular clothes. Using the belly band with non-maternity pants, some regular shirts can still be stretched over my belly.
Skin: Skin is doing okay, no stretch marks yet! :)
Sleep:  Sleep is okay. Not great right now because I caught Emerie's cold and can't breathe through my nose!
Gender: Sweet and handsome baby boy!
Movement:  He moves a lot and I love feeling those kicks and rolls. Hubs can sit across the room and see my belly moving so he's definitely filling out in there. I'm also feeling lots of body parts, elbows, knees, feet. He also gets the occasional round of hiccups and I can tell he's head down! :)
Cravings: Starburst Jelly Beans for a little while, BBQ, ice cream, and after eating a bunch of watermelon at work on Thursday I told hubs that will be my next grocery store purchase, among other fruits!
Aversions: nothing, thankfully!
What I miss: Deli meat and sub sandwiches. Regular coffee (I've been drinking decaf every day now that my aversion to coffee is gone).
Best moments and looking forward to: Reaching the third trimester and starting to see the midwives every two weeks now to keep an eye on this little man! It makes it seem like his birthday is so close when you have to go in so often, plus I love hearing his heartbeat! I'm also looking forward to warm spring weather and wearing my maternity dresses!
Prayer for the baby: Lord, I thank you for the wonderful pregnancy that I've had so far. I praise you for the constant reassurance you have given me through his kicks and rolls. I pray that you continue to develop his body in your perfect way and help us to prepare our hearts and home for his arrival. Help us to teach him the love of Jesus and to be godly examples for our children. In Jesus' name, Amen.
"Follow God's example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God."  Ephesians 5: 1-2

No comments: