Pages

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

22 Months Old!

Emerie turned 22 months old on March 23. I am little late in posting this but better late than never. :) She is such a sweet girl. I am so thankful for her sweet little life. I am trying to avoid the fact that she turns two in less than 2 months!
She loves to be outside. She's into everything... rocks, sticks, leaves, you name it, she will pick it up. We were at the park a few weeks ago and she picked up a piece of old dog poop and yelled "Ewwww momma, dog poop, ewwww!!" Needless to say I was disgusted and washed her hands at the park and then stopped at a Kroger to wash them again. :) How will I survive a boy?!
She is a good eater most of the time but will only eat certain things: avocado, cottage cheese, cheese sticks, chicken, fruit and veggie pouches, mac and cheese, pancakes, yogurt, and applesauce. She basically eats a combination of those things every single day. It's a little frustrating when I make things like lasagna (which she used to eat) and she spits it out at us or refuses to even taste it! But none the less, she's eating, growing and healthy. I'm brushing it off as a toddler phase.
She has 12 teeth that are fully in and three or four more that are almost in right now. She loves to sit and read with the dogs and climb all over them. Thankfully they are wonderful with her and let her. She also loves to push her Minnie cart (which she calls a carpet) around the house with her Mickey and baby dolls in it. She is speaking in phrases and sentences now. She has a fascination with toes and feet, whenever she sees feet she always says "pee-yew stinky toes!" and it's adorable. She repeats everything that we say, and I mean everything! If we tell her she can't have something she always says "it's daddy's". I guess she thinks daddy doesn't share! If we tell her something's dirty she always says, "ew, wash it!". She stills asks people to "rock a baby doll" when she wants to be rocked and read to. She loves books and could sit and be read to for hours on end. Her favorites the last few months have been Biscuit books, Dewey the Library Cat, and Rocket's Mighty Words.
She gave up her pacis last Friday (hallelujah!) without a fuss. She has a cold so my dad didn't give them to her during her nap Friday because she couldn't breathe through her nose good and she never really asked for them. So we didn't offer them that night and she went to sleep with her kitty cat and Mickey stuffed animals without asking for the pacis! It was a miracle. I thought for sure we would lose weeks of sleep over the pacis but we didn't lose a minute. She is still a good sleeper, sleeps from 8 p.m. to 7-8 a.m. on the weekends. :)
She gives the best hugs and kisses on command and she always says I love you when anyone tells her I love you first. It's really adorable. She's told me a few times she loves me without me saying it first and I melt into mush. She loves to pat my belly and talk to the baby. She also thinks its hilarious if we bump bellies and I make little sound effects. Her little brother is already providing her with endless entertainment.
She is growing so fast and looking more and more kid like each day. It makes me sad and happy at the same time. I can't believe how fast my little baby has turned into a toddler. We love her more than words can express! 

No comments: