Pages

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

24 Week Bumpdate!



 (excuse the poor quality, hubs couldn't figure out how to take a clear picture with my new camera so I had to use the self timer!)
How far along: 24 weeks
Weight Gain: I had gained 6 pounds at our ultrasound 3 weeks ago. I'm sure that it's several more by now. :)
Clothes: Mix of maternity and regular clothes. I can only button a few pairs of regular pants now (the ones that are low rise) and even that's pretty uncomfortable so I'm using my belly bands a lot! Mostly maternity shirts but a few regular ones if they are longer or more flowy.
Skin: Skin is doing okay, no stretch marks yet! :) Dry winter skin is all I can complain about.
Sleep:  Sleep is okay, I wake up several times because my subconscious tells me I'm laying on my back and shouldn't be!
Gender: Sweet and handsome baby boy!
Movement:  Constantly wiggling in there. He's kicking and rolling all the time. I can see him moving from the outside now. I'm feeling some body parts now that he's bigger and is taking up more space.
Cravings: I haven't had too many intense cravings lately. I've been eating strawberries and went through a phase where I couldn't get enough sweets but I've cut back on that lately. Trying to eat better and not as much sugar.... my glucose test is on Monday!
Aversions: nothing, thankfully!
What I miss: Deli meat and sub sandwiches. Regular coffee (I've been drinking decaf every day now that my aversion to coffee is gone).
Workouts: Chasing a toddler? Haha. The weather is just starting to warm up. I'm certain I'll have a decent amount of walks in this week! 
Best moments and looking forward to: Best moments are feeling this little one move and kick and become noticeably bigger in my belly. I'm looking forward to wearing some of the spring maternity clothes that I bought for my birthday. :) And I'm anxiously looking forward to the day that hubs and I decide on a name for this little man!
Prayer for the baby: Lord I pray that you continue to bless the development of this sweet little boy. I pray that his brain and lungs continue to develop in the unique way that you designed them to. I pray that he stays safe and protected in the womb. I hope that he knows how much he is loved and how excited we are for him to join our family. Thank you for your continued blessings. In Jesus name, Amen.
"Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name; for the Lord is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations." Psalm 100:4-5

2 comments:

After Eleven Blog said...

first of all, I know weight doesn't matter all that much but you are doing great with weight gain. I gained so much by the time I was where you are now. I said I didn't care but it brought bad blood pressure problems in the end. anyways, you look great. keep up the good work on taking care of that baby!!

Christina said...

Thank you so much! I gained a total of about 35 pounds with Emerie bc I was so paranoid that I wasn't eating enough (1st pregnancy problems!) and with this one I don't stress as much and chasing a toddler all the time helps! :) have a great day!