Pages

Thursday, February 20, 2014

It's a....

Boy!!!! 
We are over the moon excited to be having a boy! I feel blessed to be able to experience raising a son and a daughter (though I would have been just as blessed/content to raise two girls!).
We just had our anatomy ultrasound on Monday and he looked perfect. He entertained us by scratching his head, sucking his thumb, waving his arms, crossing his ankles, and yawning. :) He is measuring right on track as well.... I am sad that I probably won't see him again until he makes his grand arrival! He's very low... it's so strange because Emerie was up pretty high or at least mid-belly and this little guy is very low. Even the ultrasound tech said she was surprised at how far down he was (but also assured me it was totally normal)...  when they did the internal ultrasound she laughed because he had his hand on my cervix! Haha. I keep telling everyone it feels like he's trying to escape. Stay in there sweet boy! You still have at least 16 weeks til full term!
I've gained 6 pounds, which is about 5 pounds less than what I had gained with Emerie at this point. I'm feeling great, no aches or pains to complain about. My itchy skin has calmed down since I gave up on using tummy butter and am just using regular Jergen's lotion. I go back in 4 weeks for the glucose test, which I am praying that I pass because this baby wants sweets alllllllll the time. I basically eat a candy bar a day! I have no will power to resist. My cravings for fruit have subsided and I've finally been able to eat beef again! I'm also able to drink coffee which I hadn't been able to do for the first 18 weeks or so of this pregnancy.
 My parents were just as excited as we were to learn that we are having a boy... Emerie brought blue balloons in to reveal the news to them. They were grinning from ear to ear! This is the first boy on my side of the family.... I have three sisters, their only grandchild (Emerie) is a girl, and my sister is expecting a girl in April! So six girls later and they are finally going to experience a baby boy. :)
Needless to say, we are already smitten with this little one and are making big plans to spoil him. We have also picked out a name but we aren't going to share it just yet... maybe in a few weeks. :) Emerie really has no clue what is going on but she asks to see the baby or "baby doll" and pulls my shirt up to see my belly. She loves to sit beside me and pat my belly. And she also asks to "kiss baby doll" and kisses my belly. So her brother is already feeling the love! He kicks her sometimes when she is laying on me but she's completely oblivious to it. I'm sure once he arrives she won't be oblivious to his kicks! :) 
Okay, that's all for now.... I'm off to pin cute nursery pictures and brother/sister photo shoots. :)