Pages

Friday, February 14, 2014

5 on Friday!

I'm sitting in our den upstairs enjoying the quiet morning with the sunlight streaming in. Waiting for the coffee to finish brewing. I love getting up before the rest of the family. Having a few quiet moments to myself to blog or do my devotions. :)
Now I'm linking up with Darci, Christina and friends for another 5 on Friday!
  photo db7528c5-a5c8-4eb0-9519-22997b018248_zps7d56832d.jpg
{ONE} In case you haven't heard, this week everyone is saving a special spot on their list for a little baby named Teddy who has Menkes Syndrome. Please pray for him and his family. Visit his CaringBridge page here. #TeamTeddy
{TWO}We got 17 inches of snow (the last time we measured, it hadn't stopped snowing at that point) this week so I took advantage of the time off from work to clean the house and make this yummy pasta salad.
{THREE} I also made this Taco Soup from Christina's blog last weekend and it was super delicious. I made it in the crockpot and hubs and I ate it all in 2 days! I wasn't sure if I would be able to eat it because I've had an aversion to beef this entire pregnancy but the baby has decided that he/she is over that. Hallelujah!
{FOUR} We don't have big plans for Valentine's Day since we don't know if the roads are drivable. So I'll probably continue my "spring" cleaning and go through all of my clothes today. Whew. What a steamy Valentine's day. Haha! In all seriousness, Valentine's day was my last first date 11 years ago. Hubs picked me up and took me to dinner and a movie. I was just a senior in high school and he was a freshman in college! So much time has gone by....11 years, 3 college degrees, 2 dogs and a cat, several moves in several cities, a house, a beautiful toddler, and 1 baby on the way later, we are still going strong!
{FIVE} Here was our sweet little Valentine from last year... can't believe she was so tiny!
Happy Valentine's Day!  I'll be back on Monday to do our 20 week update, we've reached the halfway point and find out on Monday afternoon if this little one is a boy or girl! We are so excited! You can also read about our snow day yesterday here. Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Trish said...

that soup looks yummy! and 17 inches of snow is bananas! happy valentine's day!

trish - my 5 on friday