Pages

Friday, January 31, 2014

5 on Friday!

Happy Friday friends! Linking up with Darci for another 5 on Friday!
 photo db7528c5-a5c8-4eb0-9519-22997b018248_zps7d56832d.jpg
{ONE} I have an appointment with one of the midwives this afternoon for my 18 week check-up. I still can't believe we're almost half way there! 2 more weeks until the anatomy ultrasound and I can't wait to find out if this sweet baby is a boy or a girl. I say boy but my hubs says girl. I have really no reason to say boy but I picked out a cute name and I just feel convinced it's going to be a boy. We also have a cute girl name picked out and we just want a healthy baby so I'll be over the moon happy either way. I'm blessed with 3 sisters so I would love for Emerie to be blessed with one too! For now she just loves her fur sister. :)
{TWO} It has been so cold here that I haven't had a chance to get outside (or had the desire to get outside) and walk or jog. It's supposed to warm up a tiny bit next week but it's also calling for rain, sleet, and snow so I doubt I'll get many workouts in next week! I've been looking for a few 5K's to do before baby love arrives and I think the first one will be a race called Run for Life at the end of March. It's sponsored by the University of Virginia's Zeta Tau Alpha sorority (my sorority from college, though I didn't go to U.Va.). I love U.Va.'s campus and I worked there for 2 years so I developed a love for the people there as well. :) I think it's the perfect way to stay active for a good cause (ZTA's philanthropy is breast cancer awareness and education). I'm talking my sister into running (slowly walking? haha at 25 weeks pregnant I don't know how fast I'll be moving!) with me.
 img
{THREE} I'm looking for some new ideas for things that I can do with Emerie at home. Pinterest always has a ton of ideas but if you have any suggestions (for a toddler who doesn't like things on her hands) I'm all ears! We read constantly (she loves the library), build with blocks, play with her kitchen set, run around the house, etc. but I'm looking for something different to do.
(her hair isn't as red as it looks in this picture, the florescent lighting added to it!)
{FOUR} I am soooooo ready for spring, or better yet, summer. In a little more than 4 months I'll be home for the summer! Winter weather gets depressing... everything is grey and dead and cold. I'll be much happier when I can put on flip flops and head to the beach!
{FIVE} While I'm ready for summer I'm not sure where we will be by then... Whether it's our current home, relaxing by our pool or another home.... I don't know. My goal is to move by the end of the year. It would be easier to move before this baby is born but we can make due in our current house for 6 months or so after. We are going to look at house on Saturday. Let the process begin!

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

The Tale of Three P's said...

Congrats on the baby! Finding out gender is such a fun thing.