Pages

Friday, January 24, 2014

5 on Friday!

Happy Friday (aka my 4th day off from work due to snow and icy roads!). :) Linking up with Darci and friends for 5 on Friday.
 photo db7528c5-a5c8-4eb0-9519-22997b018248_zps7d56832d.jpg
{ONE} We are getting a little cabin fever from being at home for 4 days in a row so we are heading out today. It's been super cold (in the teens and low 20's for the past week) so Emerie hasn't gotten too much time out in the snow so we are taking her to the local library to play today. They have lots of toys for kids to play with and since hubs is off (his 4th day as well, even though he works in a different school district) he can play with her while I get some more books!
{TWO} Speaking of books... I've devoured 4 books over the past two weeks! They are mystery books and are part of the Rock Harbor Series by Collen Coble. They were so good... I read during naptime and pretty much from the time Emerie went to bed until I went to bed! Poor hubs hasn't gotten to talk to me much the past two weeks. :) I'm a total book nerd and not ashamed of it.
Front Cover
 (first book in the series, image credit)
{THREE} I haven't done a great job of documenting this pregnancy... second pregnancies are different. When you have a toddler to chase around and care for you don't have as much time to focus on all the tiny details of pregnancy. I've been feeling great though... I feel healthy and happy and am still striving to take lots of walks and jogs (although with the subzero temps going on it's been difficult!). I'm determined to stay fit and active through this whole pregnancy.
 

{FOUR} An exciting milestone happened this week and deserves to be a number of it's own in this post... At 17 weeks exactly, Hubs felt the baby kick! I felt the kicks really early on... like by 11 or 12 weeks. The midwives said it's because this is my second pregnancy and I am so thin... either way, I'll take it! We were laying in bed and I could feel the baby kicking away so hubs put his hand on my belly and within a few seconds this babe gave him a swift kick! Loving it! :)
{FIVE}We haven't had any luck in the search for a new house... I'm hoping some new houses pop up on the market over the next couple of months!

Have a great weekend friends!

2 comments:

Annette said...

Hi! I'm visiting from 5 on Friday. Congratulations on your pregnancy. I love when my little boy used to kick and move around in my belly. I only have one, so I have no idea what it's like to be pregnant and care for a little one. I hope the weather lets up for you. We're super tired of the cold temperatures here too!

K. Elizabeth @ YUMMommy said...

So ready for this cold weather to disappear. We're getting cabin fever too. Hopefully, next week will be a lot warmer. Beyond ready for Spring since we're not getting snow.