Pages

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

18 Week Bumpdate!

How far along: 18 weeks!
Weight Gain: I'll find out on Friday at my check-up. Last time I went I hadn't gained any weight... only recently has the scale gone up about 2 pounds so we'll see what the midwife has to say.
Clothes: I'm still wearing mostly regular clothes. I have to use my belly bands with certain pants and jeans but I'm still wearing my regular shirts and can still get some of my pants buttoned.
Skin: My poor belly has been so dry and itchy due to the cold weather but I've been using belly butter and that's helped a lot.
Sleep:  I sleep okay, I wake up once or twice a night but I'm able to fall back to sleep. Some nights I can ignore my bladder and others I'm up at least once.
Gender: Unknown! We find out in 2 and a half weeks!! Yippeee!
Movement:  Lots of kicks and wiggles, very low. Hubs felt the baby kick last week which was a special moment!
Cravings: Chocolate. Fruit. Chips. I've eaten so many grapes over the past few weeks I think I'm done with that craving. I've also been craving green tea but I'm not sure if it's safe to drink during pregnancy? I've seen so many mixed reviews online! Thoughts?
Aversions: still not a fan of beef.
What I miss:  Regular coffee (and my desire to drink it) and deli meat. A huge sub would taste soooooo good.  
Workouts: I've gone on a few quick walks but nothing to set the world on fire. It's been so cold, like freeze your face off when you step outside cold so I haven't done any running. I am hoping that it warms up over the next few weeks and I can get some slow jogs in.  
Best moments and looking forward to: Hubs feeling the baby kick, Emerie asking to see the baby and kissing my belly (she also spends a lot of time pointing at my belly button so I'm not sure if she thinks that's the portal to the baby or what! But it's super adorable. And my belly button is out by the way. It didn't stand a chance of staying in after Emerie.)

Prayer for the baby: Heavenly Father, I pray that you will continue to protect and develop this sweet little baby. I pray that you will continue to strengthen those tiny muscles that are developing and I pray that all of the baby's organs are functioning in the unique way that you designed them to. We feel so blessed that you have trusted us with this little life and I thank you for the reassuring kicks and rolls that I feel each day. In Jesus' name, Amen.
"From the fullness of his grace we have all received one blessing after another." John 1:16

No comments: