Pages

Friday, December 20, 2013

5 on Friday {Christmas Past Edition}

This Friday is an extra happy one because it marks the beginning of Christmas break! Yay! Linking up with Darci and friends for 5 on Friday. I'm making this one the Christmas Past edition.  :)
  photo db7528c5-a5c8-4eb0-9519-22997b018248_zps7d56832d.jpg
Christmas Past: One Year Ago
{ONE}Christmas Eve morning we met my parents and sisters and brothers-in-law at Cracker Barrel for breakfast. After breakfast we went to my parents house to exchange gifts and hang out. The past few years we've been drawing names so that we don't have to buy for everyone. Emerie opened presents and played with everyone but loved the wrapping paper and bows more than the gifts!
(playing with her uncles)
{TWO} We spent Christmas Eve afternoon and evening with hubs' family. We go to his Aunt's for some family time and then his mom's to exchange gifts with the rest of his family.
{THREE} Christmas morning our tradition is to the start the coffee and read the story of Jesus' birth from the Bible before we open any gifts. It serves as a reminder that Jesus is the real reason for the season. This was our little peanut last year listening to the Christmas story. I can't believe how tiny she was! It goes by so fast!
 (I hope those photos show up in Bloglovin', they are pics from my phone so sometimes they don't!)
{FOUR} We spent Christmas day at my grandma's for a family dinner. There is always yummy food and my grandma will only make coconut pie once a year (at Christmas). Yum. I can hardly wait for this Christmas!
{FIVE} We always stop by hubs' grandma's house before heading home Christmas night. She makes tons of food so we somehow manage to eat a little more! I can't believe how small my little bug was last Christmas. Only 7 months old. She turns 19 months the day before Christmas Eve. What a difference a year makes! And next year Emerie will get to share the Christmas joy with a little brother or sister! :)

Happy Friday and Merry Christmas!

3 comments:

Carol said...

Came over from the linkup! Emerie is precious! Congrats on your 2nd bundle of joy!

Sara said...

Hope you all had a very Merry Christmas! Cheers to the New Year!

K. Elizabeth @ YUMMommy said...

I love that you all read the birth of Jesus before opening presents. I've been teaching my daughter and my son more about why we celebrate Christmas. This year it really caught on with my daughter. And I'm hoping since my son will be 3 in the next few months, he'll be able to understand a bit more next Christmas. Happy Holidays!