Pages

Friday, December 27, 2013

13 Week Bumpdate!

Hello 2nd trimester! We are officially at 13 weeks (and two days since I'm a little late on this post). But I wanted to document sweet little baby number 2's pregnancy and growth here on the blog since I kept up with Emerie's pretty regularly.
How far along: 13 weeks (and 2 days)
Weight Gain: Not sure... I haven't been weighing myself at home, I go to see the midwives next Friday. I was down a pound and a half at the last visit but judging from my growing belly I'm sure I'll be back up!
Clothes: Still wearing regular clothes, occasionally I feel so bloated that I have to use a belly band with my pants but other than that I'm still hanging in there. Hubs and I went on a road trip today (yay for date days!) and I got a few new shirts and some skinny jeans. After I told my mom about the skinny jeans she said, "you remember you're pregnant right?" and my response was that my legs aren't! I'm hoping I can make the skinny jeans work for awhile with the help of a belly band when necessary!
Skin: Okay, my stomach has started to itch because of the weather and the fact that it's expanding! Belly button is already starting to poke out, especially after a big meal. I blame Emerie, it was never the same after her! Haha!
Sleep: Crazy dreams! I wake up two or three times a night now... so sleep could be better! But thankfully Emerie is still sleeping through the night like a champ so I consider myself blessed to not have to get up at night!
Gender: Unknown!
Movement: I was kind of surprised when I started feeling the baby flutters around 12 weeks but they say that it's pretty normal to feel them earlier when it's your second pregnancy. It's nothing consistent, but every now and then I feel that sweet little reminder of the love growing in there!
Cravings: I was craving chex mix for awhile and now it's fruit smoothies and chocolate.
Aversions: beef. Yuck.
What I miss: Regular coffee. Deli sandwiches.
Workouts: This is a new update that I hope I have something to add to it next week!
Best moments and looking forward to: My mom got the baby a cute (gender neutral) pair of slippers. It was a thoughtful gift because we weren't really expecting anything for the baby. We are looking forward to hearing the heartbeat again next Friday (but I'm not rushing it because I don't want winter break to end!).
Prayer for the baby: Lord, thank you so much for this beautiful little life that is growing inside of me. Thank you for the sweet little flutters I've been feeling. I pray that you continue to watch over the development of our sweet baby's digestive system that is forming this week and that everything functions the way that you designed it. In Your name, Amen.
"I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." Psalm 139:14

Be back soon with a Christmas update (after I sort through the 200 or so pictures!). :)


1 comment:

K. Elizabeth @ YUMMommy said...

Aww...those are the cutest little frog slipper!