Pages

Friday, November 8, 2013

5 on Friday

So so so excited that it's finally Friday. Link up with Darci and friends for 5 on Friday to join in the fun. :)
 photo db7528c5-a5c8-4eb0-9519-22997b018248_zps7d56832d.jpg
{ONE} Please excuse my absence from blogging this week. The sickies got us. Emerie had a fever at the end of last week so I took off last Thursday and took her to the doctor. They said it was just a virus because everything else looked fine. Hubs stayed home with her Friday because she still wasn't feeling well. She got worse through the beginning of this week so I took a half day on Wednesday and we went back to the doctor. Double ear infection. Poor thing! She's been so miserable this week. Sleepy, crying, and just wanting to snuggle. I was happy to oblige. It's my fault anyway. She caught my cold and it caused her ear infections. She's feeling much better now though! A few doses of antibiotics and she's back to being a happy baby.
{TWO} How big does she look here?! She had several "pah kik uls" this past week to soothe her throat. So cute.
{THREE} I am finally starting to bounce back a little from this cold... it's the sickest I've been in a really long time and I am ready for our family to be well again. Hubs is starting to get it now. :( Prayers please?
{FOUR} My sister's (and brother-in-law) are coming in from out of town (they live about an hour and a half away) to go to a local fire department sponsored dinner with my parents this weekend. (My dad is a volunteer firefighter.) And I am so excited to see them and spend some time together.I hang out with one of my sisters pretty regularly but it's been awhile since we've all hung out together as a family because of schedules and distance.
{FIVE} I'm still debating on family pictures this year.... our photographer just had a baby so she is on maternity leave right now... I loved the ones she took last fall. I feel like fall is coming to an end too quickly... it's calling for snow here next Wednesday and Thursday. Craziness! (but bring on the snow days! right, teacher friends? :)
Have a fabulous week! I will be back to my regular blogging routine this week (I hope!) now that most of us are on the mend!

3 comments:

Brenda @ Chatting Over Chocolate said...

Hi, Christina! Visiting from 5 on Friday.:) Enjoy your time with family coming in town this weekend! {So exciting! :)} ... Hope you all feel much better soon!

K. Elizabeth @ YUMMommy said...

Glad you guys are feeling better. I hate when we get a round of sickies.

Christina said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! We are feeling much better than we were last week. :)