Pages

Thursday, October 3, 2013

Thankful Thursday

I've been learning what it means to be thankful lately. I've been reading the One Thousand Gifts Devotional by Ann Voskamp for the past month or so and it's focus is on being grateful and finding joy in everyday life. Ann's book One Thousand Gifts is about her life and how she began to write down all of the things, big and small, that she is thankful for each day. She keeps a journal at her house and when she has a moment that she is thankful for she writes it down. I've been doing the same thing with this devotional... though I mainly write in it at night as I reflect on the day and I thought I might share some of the things I've written down over the past month or two.... I have so much to be thankful for and I've noticed that every single day that I've written in the journal, there is something about my sweet Emerie. She is certainly an amazing blessing. Here are a few things that I'm thankful for lately...
-a new coffee mug
-swinging on the front porch in the morning
-a new church that fills us each week
-a husband who did the dishes and vacuumed
-courage to join a Bible study
-sponsoring Estefani through Compassion
-physical therapy and the reminder to trust in God because "we are always safe"
-a babysitter who follows Christ
-the ability to apologize and forgive
-Emerie running, dancing, laughing, and talking
-rest and healing
-Isaiah 44:22 "I have swept away your offenses like a cloud, yours sins like the morning mist. Return to me, for I have redeemed you."
-Emerie saying "how much" when we ask her how much we love her
-veggies from a local garden
-a fun hike with a bear encounter
-dinner on the grill
-rubbing noses with Emerie
-free steaks
-a husband willing to work on days off to provide more for us
- a big, soft bed
-warm coffee
-supportive parents
This list could go on forever. I am really enjoying this devotional because I am reminded each day that I am blessed, regardless of my mood.
Hoping you find yourself blessed today!

2 comments:

K. Elizabeth @ YUMMommy said...

I love it that I'm finding so many other bloggers who do Thankful Thursday. It's truly great to be able to look back over your week and count all your blessings no matter how big or how small.

Christina said...

Yes, there are so many everyday blessings to be thankful for! Thanks for stopping by!