Pages

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Losing Control

This is going to be a quick post because our laptop cord keeps shorting out and the computer shuts down when it does that. It's hit or miss so I'll just do a quick week recap.... Monday we had our women's Bible study celebration night. We finished the Wonderstruck study by Margaret Feinburg. It was a fun study and in another week or so we are going to start a new study called Unglued. Looking forward to it!
Hubs and I went to life group on Tuesday night and had so much fun. The series we are doing in life group is called Not a Fan by Kyle Idleman. It's about being a follower of Christ vs. a fan of Christ. One of the questions we discussed is what we gave up to follow Christ? That's a tough question to answer. I can tell you what I gained... forgiveness, grace, mercy, peace, love, acceptance... the list goes on and on. What did you gain is an easy question, but what did I give up? Did I lose something? I'm still not sure how to answer that. I didn't really lose friendships because most of my friends are Christians and the ones who are not don't force their beliefs on me and are open-minded. The only answer that comes to me (right now) is that I continue to lose control because of my desire to be a follower of Christ. Control of what tomorrow will bring, control of my circumstances, control of my choices, control of other areas of life that I try to be in charge of. It's a learning process and I fail daily... I'm a control freak. But that's where grace and mercy and forgiveness come in. It's been a really interesting series and I'm having so much fun talking with our friends about it.
Okay, that's all for now... be back soon for 5 on Friday (yummy recipe coming your way). Wish me luck as I have parent conferences at school the next two days!
Quick P.S. --I've ran three days this week... Saturday, Sunday, and Wednesday. That my friends is a small miracle. Wooohooo! :)
 Have a great Thursday!

No comments: