Pages

Thursday, October 10, 2013

Listening

My mind is so full. So full that I can't really put my thoughts into words. I think I am in a listening phase with God right now. Even at Bible study Monday night I didn't say much during the study and I didn't say anything during the study portion of life group Tuesday night!! Those of you that know me know that is so unlike me, but I have so much on my mind that I don't know where to start. I'm in the process of figuring it all out I guess. I've been thinking about a lot, ways to serve others, where I am with my walk with Christ, directions to go in all aspects of life. I'm learning a lot too. So I've been absorbing it all this week instead of always trying to run the conversations with God. Listening to Him can be challenging. You have to try hard. Sometimes He's really obvious, like when He put this sign in my life during a difficult time (you can read about that here if you'd like).
Sometimes, like last night's sunset, He just wants to remind me that He loves me (and you!) and life is beautiful:
Amazing right? I almost missed it... I happened to look out the front door while sitting on the couch and was so surprised by the beauty that I ran out with my camera to capture and enjoy God's blessing in the sprinkling rain. My soul needed it. But sometimes we miss those things. We get too busy, too rushed, too tired... and we miss it. I don't want to miss it. Those moments. I've been trying to find joy in the everyday.
I am also reminded every single day that I am so blessed because of these sweet blue eyes.
So I apologize if my blog's been quiet this week... I've spent my week listening. I can't wait to share more with you!
Be back tomorrow for 5 on Friday!

No comments: