Pages

Friday, October 18, 2013

5 on Friday!

Finally Friday!! Here's a recap of our week. :) Link up with Darci and friends to join in the fun!
 photo db7528c5-a5c8-4eb0-9519-22997b018248_zps7d56832d.jpg
{ONE} Monday night we had the opportunity to go to an annual fundraising dinner for a local Christian based women's health clinic. Tim Tebow's mom, Pam Tebow, was the keynote speaker at this pro-life event. She was funny and sweet. Her stories were really remarkable. If you haven't heard her testimony you should Google it. It was a really moving story. We are thankful that we had the opportunity to be a part of the evening. While Pam Tebow was a wonderful speaker, I felt the most powerful speech came from a local young woman who was helped by this Christian clinic. It was such a sweet testimony, it made me cry and then I nearly lost it when her daughter came on stage to give her flowers! Melt this momma's heart.
{TWO} Tuesday night we had life group at church and we are really enjoying it. We've made some new friends and are looking forward to hanging out with them. This was the second night in a row that we were out past nine. Poor Emerie... she goes to bed at 7:30 so she was sooooo tired when we picked her up from my parent's house. She took a 3 hour nap every single day this week!
{THREE} Wednesday and Thursday were uneventful and we were so thankful for that. The only semi-eventful thing that occurred was when Emerie climbed into the bathtub (that was filling up with water) fully clothed. Don't panic, hubs and I were both in the bathroom with her, she's just a fast little thing and wanted to take "bafff" so badly. :)
{FOUR} Thank you for the prayers for my sister. God is so so so good. The 2 inch mass that the radiologist/doctors saw on the x-ray of her lung was NOT THERE on her CT scan. Gone. I can't tell you what a relief that was to her and to our family. One of the doctors even said that it was a God thing. He is good. Thanks for your prayers!
{FIVE} Another friend of mine found out that they are expecting a sweet little baby in April. Ahhh all my pregnant friends and sister are kicking my baby fever up a notch. Haha! Our sweet little baby is growing up right before our eyes. 
(P.S. She does have other pajamas, I promise. She always seems to be wearing these when I get my camera out at night!! :))

Hope you have a fabulous weekend!

2 comments:

elise @ cheers yall said...

popping over from the linkup! yay!!

what an awesome opportunity to her tebow's mom speak! wow. i love hearing others' testimonies...no matter who!! so neat!

happy friday!


xx
elise

Jennie said...

Sounds like a good week!
Come link up with me and enter my giveaway from Wednesday!
http://thediaryofarealhousewife.blogspot.com