Pages

Monday, September 30, 2013

Weekend Fun

I can't believe how fast she's growing. Time is flying by and my sweet little baby is surprising me more and more everyday by how big she is and how much she knows. Friday night as I laid her down in her crib, I said, "Goodnight Emerie, I love you," to which she responded, "I wuv you!". And then I melted into a puddle on the floor. She came up to me last night and hugged me and said what sounded very much like, "I wuv mommy." That girl. She couldn't get any cuter, and she couldn't have us wrapped more tightly around her finger if she tried.
We went hiking this weekend because it was a fee free day for the Shenandoah National Park. My sister, Holly went with us. We hiked Jones Run Falls again but there wasn't a huge waterfall this time because it hasn't rained much in the past month! It was still a fun hike though, with good weather and great company. We passed a lot of people with dogs and Emerie made the "woof woof" sound at them.... we also passed a very large doberman and she yelled, "Neeeeeiighh!". It was hysterical. She thought it was a horse because it was really tall and had pointy ears like a horse. The owners of the dog laughed and said they agree he's like a horse. Silly girl.
 Crossing her first stream, wasn't a lot of water in it but she kept pointing at it yelling "wawa!"
I also made those Snickerdoodle Apple Pie Sugar Cookie bars this weekend and they are all gone. They were super easy and so delish. Go quickly to the store and get the ingredients to make them. Yum. Here is my post on where I got the recipe. :)
Hope you had a great weekend!

No comments: