Pages

Monday, September 9, 2013

We were chased by a bear cub, how was your weekend? :)

You guys. I had so much fun on Saturday. Hubs and I took Em on her first hike and we were sort of chased by a bear cub. I am not kidding, not even a little bit. We saw the Momma and a cub take off through the woods and we kept hearing a rustling sound (though we thought the bears were gone). We stopped to listen and another cub rounded the corner of the trail were were on and was running straight towards us! I took off in a sprint down the path and hubs wasn't far behind me. We ran for a little while to try and put some distance between us and the cub. We didn't want the momma bear to come after us for being near her baby. The cub must have gotten separated from it's momma because we could hear it squalling (screeching? it was a strange sound) but we didn't realize it was right around the corner from us! Oh my word. It was somewhere between scary and hilarious. Emerie kept saying "bear, grrrrr" and it was too cute. She also giggled hysterically when hubs started running because she was in the pack on his back! She thought it was fun. It will certainly make a good story to tell her when she's older. We hustled down the trail and saw a few more bears running through the woods. I had a death grip on hubs' arm as I whisper yelled that we needed to get back to the car asap. Luckily those bears didn't see us or chase us. :) After we hiked we stopped at nearby overlook and the views were amazing. Such a beautiful blessing. Here are a few pictures from the day. I didn't get any of the bears... I was too busy hauling my tail down the trail! Haha. There is supposed to be a waterfall at the end of the trail we were on but we never made it that far!
My little hiker had a fun adventure and we can't wait to take her on more hikes.... although we won't be hiking that trail again until winter ---when the bears are hibernating. :) Have a great Monday friends!

No comments: