Pages

Friday, September 13, 2013

5 on Friday!

Happy Friday! I'm linking up with Darci and friends for another 5 on Friday. It's been a busy week and I am so glad the weekend is here!
THE GOOD LIFE BLOG
{ONE} The weather is finally going to cool down... we are looking at the 60's and 70's for the next week and I am so relieved. It has been so hot standing outside on the playground during recess. The kids complain and want to go back in after 5 minutes! It's going to be beautiful weather for hiking this weekend and I hope we get to go again. My college roommate, hubby and kids are going to be traveling through our area on their way back home from a trip this weekend and I'm hoping they can stop by!
{TWO} Emerie dropped a toy on my face (I was laying in the floor with her while she was playing) and it felt like it broke my nose. I think my reaction scared her. Haha. I jumped up and yelled out ahhhh!!! I also applied ice immediately, to which she kept poking and saying "cold! cold!". Hopefully I don't wake up with a black and blue face. :(
{THREE} I found a quick and easy chocolate chip pumpkin muffin recipe I may try sometime next week. It's only three ingredients... a can of pumpkin, spice cake mix, and chocolate chips. I found the recipe from The Easley Family blog. Yum.
{FOUR} I finished a free Shutterfly photo book last weekend. It arrived on Thursday. I love seeing sweet pictures of my squishy baby.... I also love watching my toddler look at the pictures of herself and say "aww baby doll." Yes, baby doll indeed! The album was just birth through 6 months. I'm working on 6 months to 1 year this weekend. :)
{FIVE} I am loving these fleece Carter's pajamas on Em. She is wearing a size 18 months now. Can't believe how big she is getting. She looks so adorable don't you think?
Can we just talk about how cute this picture is? First of all, those post bath curls and second... shes holding her two favorite things, a book and a dog! :) 
 
Happy weekend!

Also... I'm planning to do a post on breastfeeding past one year (and how I never imagined I would still be doing it at almost 16 months!) so check back soon. You can read my previous post on nursing here. :)

*If you are reading this through Bloglovin' and the pictures didn't show up, feel free to visit my blog here!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

She most certainly does look adorable! And pretty sure Drew's favorite things are a book and his doggiest too.

Also wanted to invite you to participate in our link party next week! It will be a great one to look back upon some day and see if you were right about Miss Emerie! Details on the blog!

Our Journey

Work it Mommy said...

First I have to say congrats on breastfeeding! I was surprised to find myself still breastfeeding a 2 year old and then she weaned shortly after her birthday. Keep up the great work mama!
Whitney @ work-it-mommy.blogspot.com

Seriously Kate said...

That picture IS adorable. And your dog looks totally cool with it - like this is my girl too. :)

I am impressed you're still nursing!! Especially still working. That is awesome!

I made it to 6 months - I exclusively pumped and stored up enough for an additional 3 months, then he went on formula. I'll have to share THAT story sometime! Ha.

Am visiting from the link up - and am your newest follower!

Kate @ http://seriouslykateblog.blogspot.com

Hannah said...

I love Carter's clothes! They are all so cute and I want to buy them all. If only I could... it looks like she loves her new pjs too!