Pages

Sunday, August 18, 2013

New School Year

Tomorrow starts a new routine.... summer has come to an end and the school year is officially beginning. No more sleeping in and drinking coffee while blogging... my morning will begin at 5:30 a.m. and I will wake up and rush around and get Emerie and myself ready and out the door by 6:45. I'll chug my coffee in the car and drop her off at the babysitters. Then I'll proceed to school where I will welcome 16 nervous/excited new Kindergartners into my classroom. The day will speed by and we will all be exhausted by 3:00. New Kindergartners are always exhausted by the afternoon during the first few weeks because many of them are not used to being in school for the entire day. I am excited to meet my new students and I look forward to getting to know them. My goal this year is to read aloud to them every single day (which I do anyways) but this year I want to keep track of the books that we read. I want to write the titles down somewhere and have celebrations when we reach certain milestones. I want to introduce them to Quack, Flat Stanley, Junie B., Tacky, and Rocket. I want them to know Margaret Wise Brown, Eric Carle, Jan Brett, Mercer Mayer, Norman, Bridwell, and Marc Brown (among a zillion others). I want them to love being read to and to love reading to themselves and others by the end of the year. It's going to be a fun and busy year. Wish me luck! :)

No comments: