Pages

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

I cooked twice this week -- look out! :)

I actually made a meal plan for most of this week and I've tried two new recipes. The first meal was so delicious that I had it for lunch Saturday and then I made more for dinner Sunday evening. I got this Mexican Rice Bowl recipe from Pinterest (which you can find here) and I added chicken because hubs has to have some kind of meat with his meal. It was so good and tasted so fresh. The recipe for the cilantro lime rice is also on the Two Peas and Their Pod blog. I didn't follow the recipe exactly.... I'm a short cut cook... the second time I made this I used the steamable bag of white rice and added cilantro and lime to it and it was just as delicious. I also added rotisserie chicken so that I didn't have to worry about cooking chicken. And of course I loaded it up with sour cream and salsa. :)
I also made these enchiladas last night and they were really good.
Cream Cheese Chicken Enchiladas
I should have taken the pictures before we ate part of it but I was hungry and didn't think about it! I'm pretty proud of myself for cooking this week. This is our first week back to work and things are crazy busy. I am so exhausted.... I've been going to bed way too late, getting up wayyyy too early, and working like mad at school.
That's all I have for today because I'm sleepy!
 ... okay, maybe one more picture because no post of mine is complete without a cute toddler picture! :) Here's Em in the CNU shirt that we got her on our beach trip.... I wore my CNU shirt today too so we matched (nerd alert) but she wouldn't cooperate for a picture with her mama! Her eyes are the same color as her shirt. Little heartbreaker.

No comments: