Pages

Monday, August 12, 2013

Fresh Start

Summer is officially over for us, it's back to work! We didn't travel a whole lot this summer... but we spent an abundance of time with our sweet little Em and I can't think of anything I'd rather do. :) She was fantastic during her first day back at the babysitter's house. We are so lucky to have such a wonderful babysitter. She even text me today and said "thank you for sharing your precious baby girl with me again this year!" So sweet. I didn't cry this time (last year I was a blubbering mess, hubs had to take her on our first day back to work) but I did shed a few tears Sunday night. She is just so much fun right now. Full of personality... she says baby doll all the time now... no no baby doll, all done baby doll, hi baby doll. I could just kiss her little face off. She loves the dogs and lays on them all the time. She calls Mason Maymee and screams with glee when she sees the cat. Needless to say the cat doesn't come downstairs until Em goes to bed. I could talk about Em forever... but back to the original topic of this post.... a new school year.
My classroom is coming together slowly. I have so much to do before my kiddos come on Monday. I like the beginning of the year because it's a fresh start. I switched classrooms so I've redecorated and things are looking pretty good. I've met two of my students so far and can't wait to meet the rest of them. I'm also excited about working with TAG this year. I'm thinking about pursuing my add-on endorsement... I would only need to take three classes so it doesn't seem too daunting!
The beginning of the school year always reminds me of New Years. A fresh start. New goals. My goal this year is to be more intentional in life. I do a lot of thinking about things that I want to do or wish that I could do. This year I am praying to have the courage act more. To be more involved in life.
We've started going to a new church (for about 3 months now) and we are really enjoying it. I'm trying to get more involved and find an area of service. I've joined a Women's Bible study and am looking forward to the fellowship with other women in the church. I've also felt my heart being moved in the direction of missions. I'm not sure what God's calling me towards in that area... whether its local or global. Whether I go or offer support in other ways. I'm still praying and listening but I am hoping that when it becomes clear, I act. Bob Goff said it best, "In the end, love doesn’t just keep thinking about it or keep planning for it. Simply put: love does" (from his book, Love Does, a great read by the way). I also love this quote from that book, "It’s not all planned out for us either, and that’s where most people get too nervous to take the next step.  But know this: when Jesus invites us on an adventure, He shapes who we become with what happens along the way."
So here's to a fresh start and a new adventure. :)

No comments: