Pages

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Workin' on my fitness

I need something. I'm a goal oriented person. I like to have goals to focus on and get excited when those goals become a reality. One goal that I would really like to meet is a fitness goal. I would love to improve my overall health and fitness. I just can't do that. Not without some sort of commitment at the end. The only time that I have really stuck to a fitness goal is when I was running and that's because I was registered for a race... and lets me be honest, I registered for that race because it was at the beach I wanted to meet that goal for myself. So what should my next fitness goal be and how can I make sure that I commit to it if there isn't an organized race or something to work towards? My main concern is improving my health. I have been so achy and tired lately and have been getting a lot of headaches. I definitely need to start drinking more water. Some days all I drink is a cup of coffee. I am not trying to lose weight or anything like that. I'm just trying to better myself. To take better care of myself. I have gotten so wrapped up in taking care of those around me that I have kind of neglected myself in the process. I have a physical in a month and I would like to go into that feeling healthy. What do you do to stay motivated and in shape?
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

1 comment:

Jenna Schaben said...

I love this. I am just like you when it comes to having goals and being driven by them. I love striving towards something, especially when I know that it will make me a better person in the end!

That said, my fitness goals today are different than they were before I started working out and getting in shape...I, too, am just working out to maintain, not to lose weight. So, I focus on working out five to six days a week for an hour. That includes light cardio of about 20 minutes (elliptical, light jog, or even a walk with the stroller) followed by 40 minutes of weights.

I have noticed the biggest difference in my fitness (not on the scale, but in the way things fit) when adding weights. I don't lift overly heavy, but just enough so that by the time the last rep rolls around, my arms feel it!

Also, I wanted to thank you so, so much for your sweet, sweet words of encouragement on my post today. It truly means more than you will know. We are putting all of our trust in God and know that when He is ready for us to bring a baby into this world, He will make it happen! I needed to hear your encouragement today, more than ever, so thank you for that!!