Pages

Thursday, July 25, 2013

Books, plans, and camping

Emerie took a nice long 2 and a half hour nap yesterday so I had plenty of time to relax on the couch and finish the book I was reading on my Kindle.The book was called Happiness Key by Emilie Richards. It was a slow read at first but then I got hooked and read the second half of the book pretty quickly. I enjoyed it... it was a quick, easy read... good for summer. I've already put the second book in the series on hold for my Kindle through the local library. Are you reading anything good?
Hubs and I have been talking about putting our house on the market in January. We probably won't begin thinking about adding to the family until around then, so we decided that would be the best time to sell it. The layout of our current house isn't as conducive to having children as I would like (the bedrooms are not all on the same level). There are still several things we need to get done to the house between now and then so I've started to make a list. Hubs and I decided we probably wouldn't take a vacation this summer... we will just use that money and get things done around the house that need to be done before we put it up for sale. My parents are moving this weekend... they sold their house and haven't found one they want to buy yet so they decided to rent for a year and possibly build a house during that time. The house they are renting has a lake so hubs and I are planning to leave Emerie with my parents in the house and take their canoe out onto the water for some fishing. :) I'm looking forward to that. We usually take a trip out to the lake at the end of July but one of my sisters is doing an internship at Yellowstone so my family is waiting camp until she returns (probably Labor Day weekend). Not sure if we will go along this year or not... has anyone been camping with a 15 month old? Torture? We took her when she was just a few months old and ended up leaving early.

No comments: