It's Friday already?! The days all run together when school's out for the summer! :) This is my first 5 on Friday post... here goes!
1. I need the beach in my life... bad. I almost can't stand getting on FB because I am so green after seeing photos of everyone's vacations. Sun, salt, sand, waves. Wahhhh. Next month? Maybe? Hopefully?
2. I dread breakfast, lunch and dinner with Emerie! Feeding her has been a major battle lately... I've had so much food spit back out at me and thrown at me, I am practically begging hubs to feed her when meal time rolls around. I try not to take it personally, and I don't feel like it's my cooking she hates, I mean really, I don't cook that much! But her top teeth are coming in and she has been soooo picky with her food lately. It worries me a little bit because I have been trying to hard to make sure she gets all the fruits, veggies, protein, grains, etc. that she needs. All she wants to eat is yogurt, cheese, and avocado. At least she's getting dairy (and still nursing too) and fruit! Things have improved the past two days... I'm hoping they continue that way!
3. Date night is in my future. Hubs and I are planning a long overdue date night to dinner and the movies... I haven't been to the movies in so long... I think the last movie we saw in the theaters was Date Night with Tina Fey and Steve Carell! Forever ago, I wasn't lying. Not sure what we are gonna see... The Heat?
4. We finally found a new church... it's bigger than I am used to but everyone is really friendly and the music is a good mix of modern and the older hymns that I love. The Pastor has had some good sermons that have started to inspire change in our family!
5. I have missed blogging... and I'm happy to be back! Even though I haven't blogged as regularly as I wish I would have, I've been keeping up with all of the blogs on my reading list. Google reader is a thing of the past... I've switched to Feedly and I'm loving it. What did you switch to?
Link up with Darci to join in!
Have a great weekend!
Tuesday, June 25, 2013
It's been a long time since I have consistently blogged. For the first few years I blogged semi regularly... and then life got busy and I started to let the things that were important fall away. Writing was always a passion of mine. I loved to write about anything and everything. I did internships in Public Relations, I blogged, wrote in journals, wrote letters... words were all I had. I have never been the crafty one that Pinterest tells me I should be. I've never been the one who cooks fancy meals and hosts dinner parties. The one who completes all of the DIY projects. The photographer taking amazing photos, the athlete who just completed her 30th marathon. That's always made me feel a little bit guilty. Like I should be those things... the girl who knits her own baby clothes, makes her own jewelry, etc. But that's not who I am. Who am I? I'm the mom who is struggling to get her one year old to eat something other than yogurt and cheese, the mom who just has to laugh when she realizes that she and the toddler (should I be calling her that? Isn't she still a baby?!) are covered in poop from a major diaper explosion, the woman who on
most (who am I kidding) all days doesn't even begin to think about exercising. After all, shouldn't all of the constant treks up and down the driveway chasing a toddler be considered cardio? While I've always wanted to be completely honest on this blog... how much do you really reveal to the internet world? How much of your personal life do you tell? Do you get caught up in how many followers you have? I would love to return to the blog world... to blog at least three or four times a week. Looking back at this little space, I see all of the fun memories that this life is made up of and I miss having the documentation. I haven't even posted my sweet Emerie's one year/birthday party recap. Hopefully that is soon to come... Welcome back?