Pages

Saturday, February 18, 2012

26 Weeks!

 26 weeks!

Dear Sweet Baby Girl (you do have a name, but we aren't telling everyone just yet =),

You have done so many cute things lately! I haven't been updating this blog often enough but I do want to document and remember some of the sweet things you have done in utero. Well you are kicking like crazy all the time now. Daddy and I often sit and watch my belly move around as you kick and squirm around in there. We've been told that Daddy can probably hear your heartbeat now so he pressed his ear to my belly to listen for that sweet sound and you kicked him in the head three times! We got a good laugh out of that! You must be getting pretty big in there because a lot of times I feel pointy body parts (what I'm assuming to be an elbow, knee or heel) scrape across my belly. It makes me smile knowing you are growing bigger all the time. We can't wait to meet you and kiss your beautiful cheeks (but stay in there for at least 11 more weeks please, we want you to be completely healthy!). Mommy has put on about 10 pounds in the past month so I know you are getting bigger too! The doctor said you are measuring right on track. When he put the doppler on my belly your heartbeat immediately filled the room.... there is no more searching for that perfect sound! It was there loud and clear as soon as he put the doppler to my belly. That makes my heart so happy! We are anxiously beginning to prepare for your arrival. We will be purchasing your crib and dresser this week! Daddy has already painted your room and we are shampooing the carpet this weekend. There is still a lot to do to prepare for you but we are getting more and more excited. I even went to a cloth diaper party today (although I am still not sure if we are going to go that route). Next up on our agenda is to purchase your furniture and sign up for childbirth classes. Our baby shower is next month! Lots of exciting things are coming up but none of them are as exciting as the prospect of seeing your perfect little face in 11-14 weeks! We love you to the moon and back!

All our love always,
Mommy and Daddy

No comments: