Pages

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Belly Business: 22 Weeks!


 Her beautiful face!
 Feet, arms, hands... look at those toes!
It's a girl!
22 Weeks
Size of Baby: 
We had our ultrasound this past week and she weighed a little over one pound! She is also measuring a week ahead. I was 21 weeks 5 days at the ultrasound, she measured 22 weeks 3 days. Yay for a growing healthy baby!
Gender:
The verdict is in from our mid pregnancy ultrasound, definitely a girl!! And yes we have a name but I'm not sure of when we are going to announce it to everyone. =) 
Skin: 
Oy. The girls are growing a little too fast and I'm noticing some stretch marks forming. Yikes! None on my belly yet!
Weight/Clothes:
Pretty much all maternity clothes now... I've gained about 10-12 pounds which the doctor said was perfect!
Cramps/Pain:
Braxton Hicks contractions every single day. The doctor said it's nothing to worry about, just my uterus growing.

Cravings/Aversions:
Chocolate and chips. I've given in to those cravings a lot but I've also been enjoying fruit (apples, clementines, and bananas).  
Sleep:
Pretty good minus my sinuses. They are rearing their ugly head again... congestion, congestion, congestion. I blow my nose constantly. It's disgusting!

Emotions:
Feeling happy as always! Her ultrasound this week was perfect. Her measurements and weight are perfect and the doctor said that all of her organs and body parts look great! She was wiggling like crazy on the ultrasound screen. She has been keeping her arms and hands up by her face and the doctor said I wish she would move her hand and stick out her tongue... and she did it! Like as soon as the doctor said it, geez our kid is smart already. She was opening and closing her mouth and sticking her tongue out. So cute!=)
Fetal Movement:
Rocking and rolling all the time! She is an active baby and I love it! Hubs gets to feel her all the time and sometimes we just sit and watch my belly bounce around as she moves. So.in.love.
What I miss:
Honestly I don't really miss anything other than deli meat. A sub or sandwich would be so good!  
Milestones: 
A great anatomy scan ultrasound! Bittersweet: Seeing our girl for what may be the last time until she is born (unless we decide to have a 3D/4D ultrasound done).

2 comments:

Brittany Ann said...

So glad you're happy! She looks beautiful!

And, though I was never much of a sandwich girl, I found I craved deli meat, too. (You want what you can't have, I guess.)

My midwives told me that I just had to make sure it was nitrate/nitrite free deli meat and to make sure it was a hot sandwich - just in case there was a small chance of the meat having listeria, the heating/pressing process would kill it, and it was safe.

I didn't do it a lot, but it was nice to know I had the option if/when a real strong craving hit.

Hope that helps!

Callie Nicole said...

Aw, look at that sweet little face! And you look perfect for 22 weeks! Such a cute bump. :-)