Pages

Friday, November 25, 2011

Waiting

 I have been wanting to write this post for a long time.... I know that there are so many women out there that desire to get pregnant or are waiting on adoption plans to come through. I know how frustrating it can be. While it didn't take us years and we didn't need assistance from fertility drugs, it did take us nine months to get pregnant. I wasn't sure if it was ever going to happen. I prayed about it daily, cried about it, wrote blogs (an anonymous blog) about it, and journaled about it nonstop. It was stressful on us because when we made the decision last Christmas to try and start our family, we just assumed that it would happen within two or three months. Well after winter passed, spring moved on, and summer was coming to a close I thought for sure that there was something wrong with one of us. I even went to see the doctor about seven months in and cried through my whole appointment (not my finest moment). She assured me that sometimes it just takes time and if I wasn't pregnant after a year of trying they would run some tests. Through all of the pain and the waiting (patience isn't always my strong point) I kept praying. I drew close to God and I learned that He had a bigger plan for me and I told Him that I trusted Him even though I couldn't understand it at the time. I even found myself praising God when I started my period because I knew that it was the right thing, even though it wasn't what I wanted. It was hard to praise God when I wasn't getting my way.... but through the nine months of waiting, I learned patience and I learned to praise God through the storm. Finally in September, when my period was four days late, I woke up at 4 a.m. and took a test. When those two lines turned pink immediately I started crying and thanking God for sustaining me through the journey. It couldn't be timed any more perfectly for us.... we are both teachers and our baby girl is due May 26. When we first planned on getting pregnant I was hoping that I would get pregnant at the beginning of the summer because I was worried about being at work during the first trimester because of nausea and fatigue but God took care of that too. I hardly ever felt sick and I never threw up. God's plan is much greater than mine ever was and I couldn't be more thankful that it worked out His way rather than mine. So if you are trying to have a baby or waiting on anything in life, keep praying and keep praising God through the storm. He is the Creator and Sustainer and He will see you through. And even if you can't see it now, His plan is much better than our own....Praying for all of you who are hoping and praying for a baby....
Many blessings,

 
"Often God delays purposely, and the delay is just as much an answer to your prayer as the fulfillment when it comes." -Emilie Barnes
"When you and I desire God's best for us but become annoyed when He steps in to change the course of our lives, we rebel against the very thing we prayed for." -Priscilla Shirer

No comments: