Pages

Sunday, November 13, 2011

I'm Back! Pregnancy Update!

I'm sorry it has taken me so long to do an update... my computer totally crashed... well it contracted some kind of major virus and my future brother-in-law (a.k.a. genius) has been working on it for me. But I'm back and ready to go now! My pregnancy is going well so far... So I guess I'll start doing one of these updates:)

12 Weeks

Skin:
Dry and itchy. Haha.... I think this is more a product of the cold weather that we've been having. No stretch marks yet. =)

Weight/Clothes:
I haven't gained weight yet (that I am aware of). I lost a few pounds in this first trimester because I am eating much healthier and am not eating all the junk food that I used to eat on a regular basis. I know I will regret saying this but I'm anxious to put on some pounds! I want a bigger belly and the reassurance that I'm feeding this baby!

Cravings/Aversions:
No aversions this week (weeks five and six were terrible, I had an aversion to everything!) Since week seven on I haven't really had any aversions. I crave fruit, chips and salsa, and pizza a lot. I eat a grapefruit and a banana every day. I have chips and salsa and pizza at least once a week! Yesterday I went to Olive Garden and I could not stop eating. It was sooooooo good. So now I want Olive Garden again today (too bad the closest one is an hour and half from my house!)

Cramps/Pain:
The cramps were the worst  around weeks 4 and 5. Since then I'll feel a little pull or stretching every now and then but basically I've been pain and cramp free since before the first ultrasound! =)

Mental State:
Nervous. I always get really nervous and start worrying right before the next doctor's appointment. I have had a lot of close friends who have had miscarriages and it has made me super paranoid and cautious. I know our odds are pretty good though because we've seen the heartbeat and we heard the heartbeat two weeks ago with the doppler. I've been praying for this baby and am trusting God to take care of him/her. This was totally God's timing and I know He is in control. So I'm trying to stay positive! We are almost out of the first trimester! One more week to go. We go to the doctor for an ultrasound on Tuesday morning and they are going to tell us the sex! Yay!!! I know 12 weeks is early to know the sex but my practice does a fancy ultrasound called a nuchal translucency ultrasound and they can tell the sex if the baby cooperates! =) I'll definitely be blogging on Tuesday!

Nasal Issues:
Tons. Ugh. My nose is so utterly disgusting I won't even go into the details!!

Sleep:
I'm still pretty exhausted all the time. I'm told that it will get better when I hit the second trimester. I've been trying to sleep on my side so I've added a pillow to our bed so that I can hold on to it, it helps keep me from sleeping on my back. I want one of those huge pregnancy pillows but that will have to wait until I get a little bigger!

Fetal Movement:
None yet! Too soon!

Weird Stuff:
Just seeing my belly start to poke out. I can't button my pants any more! Be Bands are a life saver, and so are hair ties, I just loop them from the button on my pants through the hole and back and they hold them together!

Well there you have it! I'll be back soon with more updates! =)

1 comment:

Rachel said...

can't. wait. until. Tuesday!!!