Pages

Monday, June 13, 2011

Sweet Summer!

I wrapped up the school year on Thursday and since then I've been enjoying my summer break. So far we've opened our pool, been cat fishing at the lake, grilled out, and made two very expensive trips to the vet! We are heading to the beach in the near future and I can't wait to get my toes in the sand. There is something so therapeutic about the beach. I love walking on the beach... I could walk for miles and miles and not get tired. I'm not one to lay out and sweat for hours and hours though.
On a completely separate note.... I've gained weight ya'll. After I had my wisdom teeth out at the end of December, I lost six pounds. Then once I recovered I gained all six of those back, but I didn't stop at my normal weight, I gained 5 more! Ugh. I know I am not heavy by any stretch of the matter... I've always had an awesome metabolism. I could eat what I wanted and never gain weight (insert eye rolls here). Well..... those days are over! I know there are a lot of people who have very serious weight struggles and my weight issue doesn't even compare to others, but it's still an issue for me. I've totally neglected the gym membership that I have (but hubs still goes on a regular basis). I can't find any motivation to go to the gym. It's boring. The classes would be fun but they are really for people who are already in good shape. Every time I go to a class I feel like I've pulled every muscle in my body the next day. I want to get those pesky five pounds off but I don't know where to start. I guess eating healthy and exercising would be the place to begin. I should be hiking, walking, and swimming. I'm in a lazy funk! I need to snap out of it! Okay... enough of my grumbling over 5 pounds. I'm sure you are all thoroughly disgusted with me now.
Happy Monday!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I'm glad you're enjoying your summer break so far! :)