Pages

Monday, June 20, 2011

Catching Up

- We just returned from a weekend at the beach. Sun, sand, and waves... what could be better?
- Summer is going to fly by so I am trying to make the most of my time off. I have lots of things on my to do list and next on the list is a yard sale. I've been wanting to clean out my closets and get rid of the stuff that we don't use. I definitely want to make the house less cluttered so my rule has been that if I haven't used it or worn it in the past year it's going in the yard sale. Saturday will be here before I know it!
- I went to Zumba at the gym with a friend last Tuesday and am planning on going again tomorrow. I went today and did an arm workout and tomorrow I will go and do a leg workout.
- I hate to grocery shop but I did that today as well... we fixed corn on the cob on the grill this afternoon (slather it in butter and salt and wrap it in foil and throw it on the grill). Yum!
- I'm going to try and be more active this summer... hiking, fishing, biking, going to the gym, taking the boat out on the lake, swimming in our pool and of course in the river... etc.
- I'm back to looking for a new church. It's so hard to find a church that has everything I am looking for. Interesting preacher, good praise and worship music, and an active congregation that reaches out. Our church has a lot of what we are looking for but it's really hard to get involved because it's so big. It's hard to meet people and sometimes I feel like the congregation doesn't mesh well... if that makes sense? Maybe it's just me but I'm having a hard time finding my "place."
- I've been a bit of a control freak lately and God  has been teaching me some tough lessons. There was a church across the road from our hotel at the beach and the sign in front of it said "God's time is time enough." It was like a slap in the face. God was totally speaking to me. I took a picture of it and it's now the background on my phone. I need the constant reminder that God's plan for me is bigger and better than any plan I could come up with on my own.
- My summer reading has started.... the first book I read was called Angry Conversations with God: A Snarky But Authentic Spiritual Memoir by Susan Isaacs. It was laugh out loud funny and a very easy read. I've also started reading the Sue Grafton mystery novels, A is for Alibi, B is for Burglar, and C is for Corpse. I enjoy murder mysteries and these have been okay so far. I've only read the first one. Last summer I pretty much read all of Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum novels.
-Ok, enough randomness for now. Have a fabulous week ladies! I'm off to watch The Bachelorette! Don't judge! =)

No comments: