Pages

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Saturday Morning Scene

Saturday Morning Scene

I know it's been a week and a half since my last post, I'm sorry! I've been sooooooooo busy. We have 10 and a half days of school left and then 2 work days and I will be off for the summer, hooray! I've been busy doing a lot of end of the year paper work. Still lots more to do (like pack up my entire classroom) but I'm getting there and I don't feel overwhelmed or stressed yet because I started the paper work early and am taking my time. In other news....

Part of the reason that I haven't posted this week is because we've been planning our kitchen remodel and finally started it! Yay! We picked out the new ceramic tile this week and then my dad and hubs started tearing up the old floor. For those of you that didn't see my previous post on what our floor looked like before they smashed it to smithereens: think stark white tiles and navy blue grout, in other words, UGLY. It showed every paw print, every speck of dirt, fur, dust, etc. It wouldn't matter how many times I mopped, vacuumed, or swept. It was in a constant state of dirtiness. I took a few before pics and plan to take some after pics as well. I'll post them all when the project is finished! The picture above shows what my kitchen floor looks like now! Piper decided she wanted to be included in my blog post today. Hopefully the project doesn't take too many more days because we had to take the washer and dryer out because the tile is being put in the laundry room too. I'll need to do laundry soon! I can't wait to see my pretty new floor! Right now it's just plywood that they are in the process of cleaning so that the cement can be poured on it and then the tiles will be placed on top of that.  Squeeee! I'm so excited!
In other news... I'm trying to find the motivation to use that gym membership that I blogged about three months ago. Hubs is going four or five days a week and you can see a huge difference in him. He is getting very muscular (ah, swoon). Me on the other hand... I lost six pounds in January when I had my wisdom teeth removed. Since then.... I've gained the six back plus five more (ah, cry)!!!! You would think that would be my motivation to get my butt to the gym but it hasn't worked yet. I want to get into an exercise routine, I want to eat better. I want to feel better, but making myself take that first step is hard. Any advice?
Head on over to Loves of Life to see what everyone else is up to this morning!
Happy weekend friends!

2 comments:

Laura said...

Hope the remodeling goes smoothly for you! Can't wait to see the end result.

KSK said...

Piper's so cute! :)
How was getting out your wisdom teeth? I have to get mine out soon... I'm going in next week for the eval.
For the gym thing... You just have to DO it... It took me forever to start, but when I got it in my head that I was going to do it.. no more excuses.. I started doing it! (I did miss a few times, but you have to get over that and keep going!)

Stopping by from SMS!
www.kskspot.blogspot.com