Pages

Friday, April 15, 2011

Half Empty or Half Full?

Lately I've noticed that my attitude towards all things have changed. I used to be a glass half full kind of person... I saw the positive in the midst of negative situations. I had hope and faith and relied on God to work out the details of my life. Does that mean I was never a control freak or that I never tried to foolishly plan my own path in life? No. But I learned that I can't do it all on my own and my faith in God always got me through to the positive side of things again. Lately I've been super moody and have been a glass half empty kind of person. I haven't been fun to be around... major pessimist. There are several things that I am waiting on in life, both personally and professionally. I'm not a patient person. I hate waiting. I know that waiting is when God teaches us and I get that. Does it make it easier? Not really... I'm struggling with all this waiting and becoming bored with this complacency. I am trying to remind myself that God has a plan and His plan is perfect. I need to wait for God's perfect plan for my life to be revealed to me. But what do you do in the meantime? What do you do so that your thoughts don't consume you? So that you don't despair, but have hope instead? God revealed himself to me this week through this scripture:

So I say, “My splendor is gone and all that I had hoped from the LORD.” I remember my affliction and my wandering, the bitterness and the gall. I well remember them, and my soul is downcast within me. Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope: Because of the LORD’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, “The LORD is my portion; therefore I will wait for him.” The LORD is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him; it is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the LORD.
Lamentations 3:18-26

Cheers to a glass half empty full!

1 comment:

The LaJeunesse Family said...

Thanks so much for the sweet comment! It meant a lot!