Let me get a few things out of the way before I go into life updates:
-We have 71 days of school left.... yes, I have already started the summer countdown!
-Valentine's Day should never be on a Monday (what's that? A collective sigh and an amen from all of the other elementary school teachers out there?).
-This week has been the worst week that I've had all year and I am so glad it's over.
-Weather in the 60's is fabulous!
This week has been beautiful weather wise but I haven't enjoyed much more than that! I don't really want to go into details but let's just say I am so glad this week is over and I am praying for a renewed attitude and a better next week! Hubs and I went out to dinner for Valentine's Day (it was our first date 8 years ago!). We don't do a whole lot more than dinner, cards, and candy. Although I got him an iTunes card because lets face it, men aren't big on flowers and candy. We also celebrated hubs' grandparents 50th wedding anniversary last Saturday. We threw them a party and it turned out great! Today hubs and I are going to a really cute city(about an hour away from where we live) to explore and return a Christmas gift (I know, it's February, but we've been busy!). I am looking forward to spending some quality time with him and to spending some time in a different place. I need a change of scenery. Hubs' basketball season is finished so hopefully that means we will have more time to do things together. With warmer weather on the way, I'm contemplating picking up running again, maybe joining a gym, or taking a weekly pilates or yoga class. I need something... a hobby of some sort to take my mind off of the things that are bothering me (more on that later). Any suggestions? I really need to relieve some stress, increase my flexibility, and clear my head... that's why I'm leaning towards pilates or yoga.... What do you do to relieve stress?
Enjoy your weekend! =)
Sunday, February 6, 2011
- This week turned out to be pretty good... I've recovered from my head cold and we didn't have any snow days this week.
- I worked all week and was observed by my principal on Friday. (Side note: Until you have been teaching for three years, you are observed by your principal three times a year.) She loved my lesson! Yay!
- I have several stacks of papers to grade later tonight (which you all know, I hate grading papers).
- Hubs was gone every night this week because of basketball. The life of a coach's wife.... it was lonely at our house... good thing Piper and Mason (our dogs) were there to keep me company. =)
- My sister-in-law had her baby girl yesterday! Carly is soooooooo cute. We love love love her. We went to the hospital last night but we didn't get to see the happy mom because she was in recovery (c-section). We did get to see Carly through the nursery window though! We went back to the hospital this morning and I was able to hold her and love on her. Ahhhh. I love babies and can't wait until we have kids of our own!
- The weather is gorgeous today. It's right around 50 degrees and the sun is shining. I am so ready for warm weather and summer break. I've had enough of winter I think. I'm ready for flip flops and capris! Hubs and I are going to take our fur babies on a long walk this afternoon. Fresh air and exercise. Just what I need to boost my mood! I will enjoy this weather today and tomorrow... the rest of the week will be colder and they are calling for more snow on Thursday.
- I haven't cooked much this week... I'm going to make salad and spaghetti and meatballs for dinner tonight.
- Okay, now that I've bounced all over the place with this post... I'm done. =)