Pages

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Unintentional Week Off!

I worked one day this past week. One. As I mentioned in my previous post, I started to feel sick last weekend. Well I went to work on Monday and it became progressively worse through out the day. I came home and slept for three or four hours. It was awful. Between my sinus congestion, aching body, and getting chills/hot flashes... I knew I wasn't going to make it to work on Tuesday. I had made sub plans before I left work on Monday and told my principal to go ahead and get me a sub. I hate using my sick days because we don't get maternity leave (no I'm not pregnant yet!), so I have to save those days for the future. But I just couldn't help it. Blah. I hate sickness. Anyway, I stayed on the couch all day Tuesday, it was glorious. On Wednesday the day began with freezing rain and a forecast that called for snow and worsening conditions so school was called off. We received about seven and a half inches of snow on Wednesday and were out of school Thursday and Friday as well!! So I was given plenty of extra time to recover. It was awesome! I got tons of stuff done around the house. I cleaned the kitchen from top to bottom and went through the junk drawer (does everyone have one of those? or is it just us!?). It felt good to throw away things we didn't need. The house finally feels organized. I've made it my goal to declutter. I would feel much better coming home to a calm, organized house... especially after the chaos of my job! It's definitely an on-going project, those closets are a daunting task! I also went into work today after church. I wanted to go through the things that the substitute left behind and rearrange the desks. It was a pretty productive week even though I only "worked" one day! I've got a full week of work ahead so I'm going to go enjoy my last moments of relaxation! Have a great week lovelies!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Sorry you were sick but sounds like those snow days were a real blessing for you!

From the Mind of Thomasina said...

I also have a sinus/cold thing going on. It's great that you got to stay home all week without having to use more than one day of sick time.