Pages

Sunday, January 2, 2011

2011 Goals

Hey friends... hope you all had a fabulous New Years! Hubs and I went to a friends house but I started feeling sick around 11:30 so we left early! Stupid wisdom teeth removal... I haven't been able to eat much and my stomach was getting queasy. Blah. I still have some pain on the left side, so your continued prayers are appreciated! =) Now moving on from my whining, time for 2011 goals!
1. Spend more time with God. I think that this will always be a goal for me because who can ever say that they spend too much time with Him?? I just want to be more reliant on God in my life. I am a worrier and I hate that about myself but if I develop a closer relationship with Him I am confident that my faith with be greater and my worries will be less!
2. Simplify. Be more organized at work and at home. This is a very broad goal but I'm somehow going to figure out how to stay organized in all areas of my life. It's easy to get behind at work, especially with grading papers... I hate to grade papers... I teach second grade, I know you are thinking how hard can it be? But I am meticulous about being fair and often go back over papers to make sure that I was fair to everyone when grading something that doesn't have one right answer. On the home front, we are in desperate need of a shredder. I want so badly to go through our files and shred the old papers/bills that we don't need and organize the ones that we are keeping. I also want to go room by room and clean out each closet because I think we keep a lot of stuff that we don't need. These items could be donated to Good Will. Le sigh. Will I ever accomplish this goal? This half of the goal might be reserved for summer break!
3. Get back in shape and eat healthier. At the end of September of 2010 I was probably in the best shape of my life. I stopped running after my 5K. I still haven't decided how I feel about running. It's definitely a love/hate relationship. I would love to say that a goal for 2011 would be to continue running but I just don't know if I have the motivation for that. So I'm keeping it simple, I'm going to make it a goal to exercise a few times a week, eat less chips and more fruits and veggies, and drink more water.
4. Blogging more is definitely a goal for this year. Life gets so hectic but I need to remember that blogging is how I'll remember and keep track of all of life's hectic moments in the future!
5. Read at least 12 books this year. I am fairly certain that I met this goal last year as well. I flew through Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum books over the summer. One book that I read at the end of 2010 that I LOVED was by Donald Miller, A Million Miles in a Thousand Years. It was so good. Hubs bought me a copy of it for Christmas and I already want to reread it! I might do a book review on it later this month! Here's what my 2011 book list looks like so far (more will be added, hopefully The Help and Mennonite in a Little Black Dress among others) :


6. Take more pictures. I realized that I didn't take many pictures in 2010 so this year I want to do a better job of capturing moments... I mean, I didn't even take a picture of us with our new house last year! Epic fail.
7. Live intentionally. I want to make sure that I am living a meaningful life. I don't want to go through the motions of every day. I want to live life on purpose. Create a more interesting story. Or as Donald Miller would say, "It's a good calling, then, to speak a better story. How brightly a better story shines. How easily the world looks to it in wonder. How grateful we are to hear these stories, and how happy it makes us to repeat them." 
Well I think that's enough goals for now. More may be added in the future as I think of them and as I read all of your wonderful goals for this year! I love getting ideas from other bloggers and reading about your hopes for 2011!

No comments: