Pages

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Just Call Me Alexander

Because I've had a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad... WEEK.
Hubs and I decided we would both stop for gas on our way to work today. When I got to the gas station I pulled up to a pump, parked the car, and turned it off.... sounds like the right thing to do? Wrong. The pump was out of order and my.car.would.not.turn.back.on. It was below 20 degrees this morning, I had decided to wear my hair curly so it was still a little wet, another bad decision. I sat in my car, shivering, and called my dad (bless his sweet heart, he always rescues me) and he had to get up and come get me at the gas station. I had to then take him back to his house so he could get his truck and I took my sister's car to work. He then spent the remainder of the morning replacing the battery in my car. Another chunk of change down the drain at Christmas time... lovely. Thankfully I made it to work before the tardy bell rang (weird coincidence) and was greeted with the smiles of my sweet second graders which made the start to my day a little less awful. =) It has been that kind of week. Lots of things going wrong +  getting to bed late almost every night this week = Cranky Christina. **Update: To top off this post.... I went to the ATM tonight and then I drove a few miles down the road to a gas station to fill up (since I didn't get to this morning) and I realized I didn't have my debit card. You know, the one I just used at the ATM.... So I rush back to the bank and am frantically remaining calm trying to look for the card... in my purse, in my wallet, under my seat, and in the parking lot. Luckily I find it in the gravel by the bushes near the ATM. Apparently it flew out of my hand when I was counting my money. This is sooooo unlike me. I am very careful/cautious about important things like oh, you know, a debit card! Tonight I didn't even think or check to make sure I had it before pulling off. Geezy peezy. I'm going to bed and rolling over hubs to get out of bed on his side in the a.m. Apparently my side is the wrong side this week!
I am so desperately waiting for Dec. 17 so that I can have 2 glorious weeks off to relax! Hope your week has been better than mine! Tomorrow is a new day!

"Hear, O Lord, and be merciful to me; O Lord, be my help. You turned my wailing into dancing; you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy, that my heart may sing to you and not be silent. O Lord my God, I will give you thanks forever." Psalm 30:10-12

No comments: