Pages

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

3 weeks??

Has it really been that long since my last post? I'm sorry! I will try to do better... School has gone pretty well so far. We are in that beginning of the year testing phase and our schedule isn't the same every day which has been challenging for us all. I'll be glad once we get into a routine. We just finished our 16th day of school and some school districts are just starting back this week! I can't believe it... We will get out before them in June though so I'm not too upset by it! =)
My race is in two and a half weeks at the beach! I can't wait! I'm a little nervous because it's my first one but the good thing about running is that there are no politics and the only person you have to please is yourself. Hubs has been playing softball all summer and I have to say there is a lot of drama and politics in competitive men's softball. Hubs can't figure out why I "run for fun" and I realized after my run on Monday that I run because I want to. It's fun because I don't have to please anyone else, I'm never letting anyone down other than me when I have bad runs or choose not to run. What other sports can say that? At least with running I can do it at my own pace and on my own time. No one will get mad at me when I can't make it to a race or when I do poorly. Sooooo I guess that's part of what makes running fun!
I am excited for fall weather to arrive. The next few days are supposed to be in the seventies here which will be wonderful! The past two days have been in the 90's. We did have a beautiful Labor Day weekend though. I can't wait to wear boots, scarves, sweaters, and jeans. =) Not to mention drink my weight in pumpkin spice lattes! The nights have been cooling down... even as low as the upper 40's one night! I got in the hot tub tonight and it felt wonderful to relax after a long stressful day!
You should also know that I've been reading all of your blogs even though I haven't been commenting or posting. =) Happy September!

No comments: