Pages

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Running Update

As you all know (from a previous post) one of my summer goals was to train to run in a 5K at the beach. I began training on June 21 and I am happy to report I have stuck with it! I run two days, take one day off, run two days, take one day off, etc. Each run is 20 minutes and I run/walk. The first few runs were painful, the 4th run was horrible, but I stuck with it. I have even been running while on vacation/visiting family in the midwest. I ran on hotel treadmills at 5:30 in the morning, my sweet husband even ran through the streets of Missouri with me when our hotel didn't have a fitness room.... and guess what? He got tired and asked to walk before I did!!! He's a PE teacher! =) That was one major victory for me. The second major victory happened today (run #9), I ran the full 20 minutes without stopping to walk! I will be increasing my running time to 25 minutes soon. If I can do it, ANYONE can do it!
Hubs even said he wants to buy me some new running shoes... any suggestions? =)

2 comments:

Kristen @ ladybug-blessings.com said...

oh how fun! Go to a fancy running store and have them fit you, seeing what works best with your feet. That way you know you have the right ones! :) Although, check the prices and see if you can find them cheaper :)

Kristen @ ladybug-blessings.com said...

oh & p.s. I have a giveaway that ends July 14th @ http://ladybug-blessings.com/?p=373