Pages

Monday, July 19, 2010

Happy 1 Month!

One month ago today I could barely run two tenths of a mile without stopping to gasp for air. The thought of running turned my stomach. It was the one thing I have never (ever) been able to do. I hated the mile in high school. It was awful. Don't get me wrong, I was athletic... I played volleyball, soccer, and was a cheerleader. I even ran track as a sprinter one year. But running long distances was the worst. I couldn't do it. In fact, I don't know if I've ever run farther than one mile.... Hiked it? Sure. Walked it? Definitely. But run more than a mile without someone forcing me to? Never.... until today that is. Today, after one full month of running 5 days a week, I was able to run two miles without.stopping.to.walk. PRAISE GOD! With Him all things are possible!
My next goal? Getting to 3.1 miles so that I can run my 5K at the beach!

3 comments:

Kristen @ ladybug-blessings.com said...

YAY!! Congrats!! You should be very proud of yourself for that!!

Rachel said...

That is faaaabulous! Way to go girl :)

Callie Nicole said...

Wow, I'm impressed! I can't runa mile - of course I've never tried to get there, but it seems like it would take alot of time and dedication. Good job!
I just found your blog and I've been enjoying reading it! I love finding other Christian ladies on here. :-)