Pages

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Sweet Summer

I love that I am off from work allllllll summer (minus three work days). It has been wonderful! What a blessing that hubs is a teacher too and we get to spend every morning sleeping in together! We haven't done anything too exciting yet. Just swimming in our pool pretty much every day and working on our new house. Did I mention I'm tired of working on the house? Who knew moving and unpacking and decorating could be such a process. We are finding that our decorations from our previous home don't look good in our new home and suddenly we don't have enough curtains? Our house we were renting was a little bit bigger than the one we bought but suddenly we need more of everything here... Weird. We are enjoying being home owners though and feel blessed that God supplied us with the means and ways to purchase our home!

In regards to my previous post, I did in fact start running..... and guess what?! It felt good. I felt proud! I am going to do this. I am going to run in a 5K at VA Beach in September! I can't wait! I've decided (after researching) that the best way to start training is to run/walk. So I've been doing that... running until I'm tired, then walking until I feel okay again, and then running more. The only time limit I've given myself is that I have run/walk for at least twenty minutes. I run two days, off one day, run two days, off one day. I am also going to reward myself for meeting small goals. My first goal was to run 4 times this week and today will be run #3! If I meet my goal I am going to spend $20 on myself (clothes probably)... which I rarely do so I'm excited! For some reason I have been able to meet all of my goals in life (graduate college, work in higher ed, get my masters, land a teaching job, etc), except this running goal. I have started to train for a 5K a million times and big fat FAIL every time. Why? Grad school is way harder than running... why has this goal kicked my butt a million times? I don't know but it's not going to this time! (I'm giving myself a pep talk if you didn't notice!). Anyways........ I've been successful so far this week and I plan to continue to do so.

"If you run, you are a runner. It doesn't matter how fast or how far. It doesn't matter if today is your first day or if you've been running for twenty years. There is no test to pass, no license to earn, no membership card to get. You just run."  --John Bingham
"I run because it's so symbolic of life. You have to drive yourself to overcome the obstacles. You might feel that you can't. But then you find your inner strength, and realize you're capable of so much more than you thought."  --Arthur Blank

Happy running!




Quote credit

1 comment:

tipsSEO said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.