Pages

Monday, April 19, 2010

My Breaking Point

I've reached it. My breaking point. You know, the one where one small event makes you cry and the weight of all the other things in life that you were carrying comes crashing down on you --turning one small event into a fountain of water works. It was only a matter of time. I knew that. I just wish my husband hadn't received my hysteric phone call, forcing him to leave during his dinner with his grandparents at Cracker Barrel. Or that my down the road neighbor and his child hadn't seen my tear streaked face. The straw that broke the camels back. Piper. You know, this pretty girl:


Well this innocent face ran out of the yard today, and chased a car that was leaving our neighborhood. She was gone, out of sight. After the car rounded the corner I couldn't see her or which way she went. So I freaked out a little. I ran through the neighborhood in my dress shoes (luckily they were flats). Nada. I got in my car and made a trip up the 4 lane highway just outside our neighborhood. Nothing. I called my husband in hysterics forcing him to leave his dinner and come home to assist me in the search. You see, we don't have kids yet, so our dogs, they are our spoiled rotten babies. One of those babies had run off, chasing a car that was headed toward a very huge and busy road. After driving down that busy road with no success, I decided to go back through the neighborhood.... and there she was, calmly walking on someone else's leash. My down the road neighbor and his son. I parked my car on the side of the road and through my tears thanked him profusely as I picked up my 55 pound golden retriever and put her in the backseat, only slightly embarrassed that he witnessed my mascara streaked face. I was so happy to have her back (she probably wasn't missing for more than 15 minutes) that I didn't even fuss at her when I brought her inside.

Life has been slightly stressful lately. We are buying a house. We are under contract with this house in fact. And it is stressful, a thousand papers needed to be signed, turned in, etc. The idea of moving by the end of next month is stressful in itself. Along with a few other stressors in life right now, Piper's little adventure this afternoon just forced me to let out some of the stress. Whew. I guess sometimes we need to let it out!

On the upside, my school year is going very well. I've got that part of my life under control. I enjoy it. A lot. But don't think I'm not counting the days right alongside my students.... yes, that's right. 36 school days until summer! One added bonus to my summer break... the new house has a pool! =)

1 comment:

Brittany Ann said...

Hang in there, my friend! I know how you're feeling, and blessedly, there is always sunshine after the rain. Praying for you!